PANK is pleased to open submissions for its first chapbook competition. We are reading manuscripts until October 15, and will announce the winner on November 1. Manuscripts can be in any genre, cross genre, mixed genre or include works from multiple genres. We are very intrigued by experimental work but will also consider more traditional writing. We are primarily interested in seeing a COHESIVE body of strong writing that excites us. To understand what excites us, read PANK and then show us something we haven’t seen before.
The winning manuscript will be published in January 2010 and the winning writer will receive $250 and 25 copies of their beautiful chapbook. We will also name two runners up and selected portions of those manuscripts will be published online.
In addition to an exactingly designed and produced artifact, PANK will work tirelessly to promote your work. The winning chapbook will be packaged with PANK 4 and distributed to bookstores nationally, as well as being sold on our website, Amazon.com and at AWP 2010 in Denver. We anticipate a print run of 250-500 copies with a four-color cover, perfect bound with an ISBN. We will also publish a Kindle and E-book versions, as well as create a promotional website for the winning chapbook.
- Manuscripts should be 36-60 pages in length, double-spaced. Please paginate, and include a Table of Contents.
- If your manuscript includes images, they will be rendered in black and white.
- If individual works have been previously published, please clearly indicate at the beginning of your manuscript, when and where each piece has appeared for proper acknowledgement.
- Multiple submissions are acceptable but there is a separate reading fee for each submission.
- Reading fee: $20 to help offset printing costs. This is a necessary evil. Paper is expensive. To pay the reading fee, go to http://www.pankmagazine.com/subscribe.html and select Chapbook Entry Fee.
- Make a note of your Transaction ID. You will need to submit a transaction ID with your chapbook entry.
- E-mail, as an attachment, a .doc version of your chapbook to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line PANK CHAPBOOK COMPETITION. Include your PayPal transaction ID in the body of the email along with a brief bio and your preferred contact information.
- DEADLINE OCTOBER 15.
- Good luck! We’re looking forward to reading your manuscripts.
- Questions? Drop an e-mail to roxane at pankmagazine.com or awesome at pankmagazine.com.