Narrative Magazine is calling on writers, visual artists, photographers, performers, cartoonists, and filmmakers, ages 18-30, to tell us a story. We are interested in narrative in the many forms it takes: the word and the image, the traditional and the innovative, the true and the imaginary.
There is no submission fee, and every submission will be considered!
Awards: First Prize is $1,500, Second Prize is $750, and Third Prize is $300. The prize winners will be announced in Narrative. Additionally, ten finalists will be chosen and announced in the magazine. All entries will be considered for publication.
We accept submissions in the following media:
- Written: Works of fiction and nonfiction
- Drawn: Graphic novel excerpts and comics
- Photographed: Photo essays
- Spoken: Original works of fiction and nonfiction in audio theater, including performance, radio journalism, and stories read aloud.
- Filmed: Short films and documentaries
Please visit http://narrativemagazine.com/30-below-story-contest for file specifications and more detailed information.
Deadline October 27