We are again open for chapbook submissions.
PANK is seeking chapbook manuscripts in any genre, cross- or Â mixed-. To know what excites us and what doesn’t, read PANK Magazine, then show us something we haven’t seen before.
The winning manuscript will be published in July and the winning writer will receive $250, payable upon publication, and 25 copies of their chapbook.
In addition to an exactingly designed and produced artifact, PANK will work tirelessly to promote your work and the winning chapbook will be sold wherever PANK Magazine is sold. We anticipate a print run of 500 copies with a four-color cover, perfect bound with an ISBN. We will also create a promotional website for the winning chapbook.
- Manuscripts should be 36-60 pages in length, double-spaced. Please paginate, and include a Table of Contents (if necessary).
- If your manuscript includes images, they will be rendered in black and white.
- If individual works have been previously published, please clearly indicate at the beginning of your manuscript, when and where each piece has appeared for proper acknowledgment.
- Multiple submissions are welcome but there is a separate reading fee for each submission.
- The reading fee is $20 to help offset printing costs. This is a necessary evil. Paper is expensive. To pay the reading fee, go here and select Chapbook Entry Fee.
- Make a note of your Transaction ID. You will need to submit a transaction ID with your chapbook entry.
- E-mail, as an attachment, a .doc version of your chapbook to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line PANK CHAPBOOK COMPETITION. Include your PayPal transaction ID in the body of the email along with a brief bio and your preferred contact information.
- DEADLINE April 15, 2010.
- Good luck! We’re looking forward to reading your manuscripts.
- Questions? Drop an e-mail to awesome at pankmagazine.com.