Best New Â Poets, an annual anthology of 50 emerging writers, is now accepting submissions Â for its open competition. Â See Â www.bestnewpoets.org Â for details. Â Submission deadline is midnight, Â June 1, 2009. Â
2. Â Â Then, go to Â http://www.manuscripthub.com Â Â and either login or create a new account.
3. Â Â Click on the blue icon that says “Your Â Manuscripts“Â
4. Â Â Click on the “Add a New Â Manuscript“Â link.
5. Â Â Click on the gray “Browse”Â button and attach the file with your poem in it. (This button Â may Â read “Attach”Â on some Web browsers.) Â Â Enter the title of your poem and click the gray “Upload”Â button. Â Repeat for your second poem. Â Â However, this does not complete your submission; you still need to direct it to our competition.
6. Â Â To do so, click on the blue “Submit Work”Â icon at the top of the screen.
7. Â Â Scroll down and click on the link that says “Best New Poets 2009″Â
8. Â Â Use the Â first drop down menu Â to select one of the manuscripts you just uploaded. Â Â Use the second drop down to select the other. Â Â Then click “Submit.”Â This step takes a little while to run — be patient.
9. Â Â Verify your submission and click Â “pay now”Â to go to the University of Virginia credit card gateway.
10. After paying, you can click on the blue “Submission Status”Â icon to double-check that your submission went through. It should be in an “Open”Â status. Â Â You can use this icon to check back and see if the work has been read. Â Â We plan to announce full results by the end of Â July Â 2009 or early Â August.