Blaze Dzikowski wrote “Corporate Birthday” and we published it in April.
1. What faces do you see on trains?
It was a tram actually, a streetcar. Most faces are turned off, asÂ their owners are somewhere else. Seeing eyes belong to thieves,Â perverts, children and people detoured from everyday track by aÂ transgressive experience, like I was at that point.
2. What is the most inappropriate birthday gift you’ve given someone?
I sat on my nephew on his 2nd birthday. It was comfy and soft. I stoodÂ up to check the odd pillow. He gave me a strange, silent stare.
3. Which stock character would you be in an action thriller?
The pain-in-the-ass police chief with a lollipop. “You must be proudÂ of yourself, Kowalski…”
4. Where did this story come from?
From life. Life itself can be tragic or funny, depends on where youÂ put a period.
5. What kind of special budget do you have?
My wife’s parents are our special budget, God bless them. I’m workingÂ my ass off and then they come and do this “oh, and take this, goÂ someplace nice” thing. I’m grateful, but also feel like a silly puppy.
6. Who would you take as hostage and what would be your demands?
I’d take one of my father’s dogs hostage and demand a hug as a ransom.