At AWP 2011, I met Aubrey Hirsch, author of the story “Hydrogen Event In A Bubble Chamber” published in the May 2010 issue. Aubrey informed me over drinks that I did not interview her for that issue and after some digging, she was right. To correct this awful error, I conducted PANK’s first ever video interview in the host hotel lobby with this wonderful writer. I’ve transcribed the questions. Hit Play below each question to hear Aubrey’s answers.*
1. What are the benefits of giving birth in reverse?
2. How do you like to disappear?
3. What was the research process when putting together “Hydrogen Event In A Bubble Chamber”
4. What are the economic benefits in holding a degree in Philosophy?
5. How do you detect skepticism?
6. How would you define a “black hole” as a sexual position?
*NoÂ alcoholÂ was harmed during the filming of this interview